Comprehensive Mental Health Services to Meet Your Needs
Whether it's intervening in a crisis, treating an underlying medical condition or helping a patient make the transition back to independent living, Broward Health Imperial Point has the resources to address a broad array of behavioral health problems.
Today, Broward Health Imperial Point offers more choices and a wider variety of approaches to behavioral health treatment.
- a 47-bed inpatient unit
- an emergency assessment and screening area
- aftercare support groups for former patients and caregivers
At Broward Health Imperial Point, we treat mental illness as an illness. With more than 20 years experience, we are a leader in providing specialized behavioral healthcare to Broward County.
- A Dedicated Treatment Team
- The staff of Broward Health Imperial Point's Behavioral Health Services is committed to providing the highest possible level of medical and emotional care. Services are provided by our Behavioral Health Interdisciplinary Treatment Team consisting of: psychiatrists, registered nurses and licensed practical nurses trained in behavioral health nursing, licensed clinical social workers, licensed mental health counselors, certified therapeutic recreation specialists, mental health technicians, patient care specialists, and acute care case management staff. Additional team members include dietitians and physical therapists, as needed on an individual basis.
Behavioral Health Emergency Assessment Services
Broward Health Imperial Point has created a completely separate area within the emergency department for the assessment, initial stabilization, and the referral of patients to the most appropriate level of behavioral health treatment services. A highly competent professional staff skilled in the provision of emergency medical and psychiatric treatment direct this area. Broward Health Imperial Point is licensed as a private Baker Act receiving facility under Chapter 394 - The Florida Mental Health Act.
- Inpatient Unit For Round-The-Clock Care
Broward Health Imperial Point has devoted an entire floor to providing a continuum of care for behavioral health patients. Our 47-bed inpatient services include three specialty units designed to effectively treat adults with thought disorders, mood disorders, dual diagnosis (substance abuse with mental illness), and a dedicated specialized unit for the treatment of older adults with behavioral health disorders.
- We're Ready to Help
Whenever adult behavioral health and therapeutic treatment is needed, we're ready to help, with the level of medical skills and total patient care available only in a hospital.
For more information, please call Behavioral Health Unit Information Line at 954-940-7060.