Broward Health North's "Headquarters for Neurological Care" is the only facility of its kind in Broward and Palm Beach counties. For more than 10 years, Broward Health North has offered quality, comprehensive care for a full range of neurological disorders.
Our state-of-the-art technology, complete quality service and our staff of highly trained medical professionals are why we are unparalleled in neurological care.
Our comprehensive neurological services include:
- Neurosurgery – aneurysm clipping, minimally invasive back/spine surgery, pain control, brain lab, anterior and posterior cervical discectomies, evacuation of subdural or epidural hematoma, VP shunts, craniectomies, stereotactic brain biopsy, craniotomy for tumor resection, vertebroplasty, kyphoplasty
- Neurology – Research and clinical drug trials, adjunct professors, specially trained neurologists and neurosurgeons. EEG (Electroencephalography), EMG (Electromyography), NCV (Nerve Conduction Velocity) and EPT (Evoked Potential Test)
- Interventional Neuroradiology – Angiography, aneurysm coiling treatment, angioplasty of cerebral arteries, Carotid stenting
- Neuroradiology Diagnostics – PET/CT Scan, MRI, MR Angiography, CT, CT Angiography, Carotid Ultrasound, Transcranial Doppler
- Support Groups and screenings
- Emergency department services – Adult Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center
- ...and the Neurological Institute
Neurological Institute: Technology with a Human Touch
The Neurological Institute is a specialized "outpatient" services facility specifically geared toward treating patients with:
The Neurological Institute provides patients with personalized plans of treatment to meet their needs. Since neurological disorders affect the entire family, the Institute also has programs designed to assist family members and caregivers in providing quality care.
Comprehensive Services Provided:
- Intensive care staff (nationally certified in neurology nursing)
- Neurodiagnostic laboratory
- Research in neurological drug trials
- Rehabilitation services
- Outpatient specialty centers
This advanced diagnostic area is used to determine the cause of neurological problems and to evaluate the patient's recovery.
Diagnostic Procedures include:
- Electroencephalography (EEG) measures brain waves
- Electromyography detects neuromuscular and nerve disease
- Evoked Potential Test assesses the brain sensory, optic and auditory systems
- Nerve Conduction Velocity detects nerve damage such as carpal tunnel and neuropathy
All diagnostic procedures must be ordered by a physician.
Please call 954-786-7395 or request more information here.