Thursday, July 30, 2009
Elementary Students Invited to Submit Artwork for Race for Women’s Wellness Contest
Coral Springs, FL – If you are an elementary school student, Coral Springs Medical Center invites you to participate in the 5th Annual Race for Women’s Wellness Artwork Contest. The winning artist will have their artwork featured on next year’s official Race for Women’s Wellness marketing materials and the race day t-shirt.
Coral Springs Medical Center hopes the artwork contest will help get children thinking about health and wellness while giving them a chance to be creative and have a good time.
“We can’t wait to start receiving submissions,” said Barbara Epes, CSMC’s regional manager of marketing and physician relations. “The designs are always so impressive. It makes choosing a winner difficult, but it is a lot of fun!”
Entry forms are available at Coral Springs Medical Center or can be downloaded at www.browardhealth.org/RACEARTFORM. The deadline to submit a drawing is October 1, 2009.
The artwork contest winner will be announced on October 15, 2009. The winning artist will receive free registration for the race and will be recognized with a plaque on race day, February 13, 2010. Race proceeds will benefit the Lisa Boccard Breast Cancer Fund which provides funding for financially deserving women in our community in need of screening mammograms at CSMC's Women's Diagnostic & Wellness Center.
· The contest is open to children in grades 1 through 5 from Coral Springs, Parkland, Margate, Tamarac or Coconut Creek.
· Pencils, crayons, paint or markers can be used for the artwork.
· The artwork can either be submitted on the downloadable entry forms or on sheet of white 8.5-by-11-inch paper. Designs must be on a white background. Minimum size 6x6, maximum size 8.5 x 11.
· Designs must contain the words “Race for Women’s Wellness” and incorporate the image of a heart since the race falls on Valentine’s Day weekend.
· Only original artwork may be submitted. Drawings entered into the contest will not be returned and will become the property of Coral Springs Medical Center.
· Artwork can be delivered or mailed to Coral Springs Medical Center, Att: Barbara Epes.
· For more information call 954-344-3005.
Coral Springs Medical Center is a facility of Broward Health. Broward Health, providing service for more than 50 years, is a nationally recognized community health system offering world class health care services to our neighbors in South Florida. One of the 10 largest public health systems in the nation, Broward Health operates more than 30 healthcare facilities, including Broward General Medical Center, North Broward Medical Center, Imperial Point Medical Center, Coral Springs Medical Center, Chris Evert Children’s Hospital, Broward Health Weston. For more information visit www.BrowardHealth.org.