Back to Document
Through the approval of the Broward Health Institutional Review Board, Broward Health Medical Center offers pharmaceutical-sponsored FDA-approved cardiovascular clinical trials to the community. These various pharmaceutical sponsored trials involve cutting-edge cardiovascular related areas to study cardiac disease, anticoagulants or antithrombotics, blood pressure control, cholesterol control, atrial fibrillation, interventional and cardiology, and diabetes, as well as cardiac device trials.
Cardiovascular clinical trial research is done to help doctors to find a better way to treat and diagnose patients with cardiac disease. The decision to enroll in a clinical trial is completely voluntary. Each trial offers its own opportunities and risks, but many research volunteers find that clinical trials offer these common benefits:
- opportunity for health care provided by leading physicians in the field of cardiac research
- access to new drugs and interventions before they are widely available
- for you to have a more active role in your own health care
- close monitoring of your health care and any side effects
- you may be the first to benefit, if the approach being studied is found to be helpful to the disease being studied
- an opportunity to make a valuable contribution to cardiac research
If you think that you may qualify for a study and wish to participate, call the senior research nurses at the cardiovascular research department. Please call Broward Health Medical Center Cardiovascular Research at 954-468-5237 and leave your name and number, along with the study name that you think that you may qualify for and a research nurse will contact you.
For further information, please visit: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/
Please call the Principal Investigator or Study coordinator with any questions or potential subjects.