Back to Document
Broward Health Imperial Point is recognized for its excellent outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation. For more than 40 years, we have been professionally treating patients from Dade County, Broward County and Palm Beach County.
Broward Health Imperial Point works with patients to help return them to optimal function. The emphasis is on teaching patients to take responsibility for their improvement and understanding how to maintain and improve joint function over their lifetime.
Specialty Areas of Treatment in Orthopedics
- Shoulder injuries: impingement, rotator cuff dysfunction, labral tears and instabilities
- Knee injuries: patella femoral dysfunction, ligamentous sprains, meniscal tears, postoperative open and arthroscopic techniques
- Total joint replacement: knee, hip, shoulder and ankle
- Lumbo-pelvic treatments for disc disease and herniation, SI joint dysfunction and stenosis
- Cervical spine disc disease and herniation, stenosis and acute wry neck
- Hip arthroscopy
- Frozen shoulder management
- Post-surgical rehabilitation for the spine and extremities
Specialty Areas of Treatment in Geriatrics
- Degenerative disc management for lumbar and cervical spine
- Stenosis of the spine
- After-fracture care
- Joint replacement rehabilitation
- Osteoporosis, vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty
Certified Practitioner in the McKenzie® Method
- Treats spinal dysfunction and pain with an exercise- and posture-based program
- Emphasizes patient understanding of problem movements and postures so patients can learn movements and ways to reduce their pain
- Often eliminates the need for expensive and invasive treatment
For further information on the McKenzie Method® call 954-776-8830 or email a Broward Health Imperial Point therapist with questions.
Let the Broward Health Imperial Point team of dedicated healthcare professionals help you get back into action. The Rehabilitation Services Department is conveniently located on the first floor of the hospital with easy access through the hospital’s south entrance.
For more information regarding physical therapy, please call 954-776-8830. Prescriptions are required for evaluation by a physical therapist. Broward Health Imperial Point works with most insurance companies and accepts cash payments if no insurance is available. Need a doctor? Call the Broward Health Line at 954-759-7400.