Institutional Review Board (IRB)
Advancing Life Science through the Eyes of Research
At Broward Health our Institutional Review Board (IRB) is a regional leader in partnering with our community for the benefit and welfare of protecting human subjects.
Our committee and staff are trained professionals dedicated to providing time, skill, and talent to advancing life science. A major responsibility of the committee is to insure that each research subject is informed of his or her rights and is made aware of any risks and benefits that are associated with the participation in research activities.
Our Service Commitment
- To protect the rights and welfare of human research subjects
- To ensure that risks involved in scientific advancement never outweigh the value of human life
- To place high standards in customer value
- To embrace new innovations and technology
- Coordination and administration of the Institutional Review Board
- Guidance and support to investigators who conduct clinical research projects
- Coordination of Institutional Review Board Meetings
- Interpretation of regulatory requirements
- Development of policies and procedures to assure compliance with institutional and governmental regulations
- Maintenance of records on human subject research activities ongoing education on human subject research issues through workshops, seminars, conferences, newsletters and computer based training
Broward Health (IRB)
Human Research Protections
1600 S Andrews Avenue, 1st Floor Tower Bldg.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33316
954-355-4941 or 954-355-4358
For questions regarding research conduct, contact Robin Smith at Rmsmith@browardhealth.org.