At any given time, almost 5,000,000 Americans suffer from chronic non-healing wounds. There are many different kinds of wounds including diabetic and pressure ulcers, traumatic wounds, and ulcers caused by circulation problems. It can be very frustrating and time consuming to heal these wounds.
At Broward Health, we have multiple centers with professionals trained to provide a specialized, comprehensive course of therapy to assist in healing your problem wound.
Broward Health Imperial Point
The Center for Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine at Broward Health Imperial Point opened its doors in 2001, and was the first hospital-based center in Broward Health to offer treatment for difficult, non-healing wounds such as diabetic ulcers, pressure ulcers and traumatic wounds.
The Center utilizes the most up-to-date approaches to wound healing and remains current in new scientific advances in wound care, including hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- The Center has two 46-inch Sigma Plus hyperbaric chambers able to accommodate one patient each. When relaxing inside the chamber, patients can watch television or a movie while receiving their treatments, which last approximately two hours.
- It usually takes about 30-40 hyperbaric treatments to treat a hypoxic wound.
To find out more about the Center for Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine, click here.
Broward Health North
The Center for Wound Care at Broward Health North is designed to complement your physician’s services, and is committed to the treatment of difficult, non-healing wounds.
After a thorough diagnostic examination, a program specifically tailored to your needs will be initiated based on the most effective treatment options. A multi-specialty approach will be utilized to provide the maximum benefit to your wound.
The Center is made up of a team of professionals that includes:
- Physicians with advanced training in wound management
- Nursing and therapy staff trained in the care of chronic wounds
- Technicians who perform non-invasive studies and various therapies
- Experienced staff to assist with appointments, medical records, and health insurance processing
For more information on the Center for Wound Care at Broward Health North, click here.
Broward Health Coral Springs
The Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine at Broward Health Coral Springs specializes in creating individualized treatments for chronic non-healing wounds. Our Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy delivers high concentrations of oxygen to the blood stream and the wound bed, which rapidly accelerates the healing process. All treatments are performed by our dedicated, experienced multi-disciplinary wound care team.
To learn more about the Center for Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine at Broward Health Coral Springs, click here.