Back to Document
The Imperial Care Management Program is a free service available to seniors living in the Broward Health Imperial Point area who are over the age of 65 with complicated medical needs. This program is devoted to connecting seniors at their residence or living facility with Broward Health Imperial Point before they need hospitalization.
By providing specified services, the Care Manager's goal is to increase the quality of life for patients while outside the hospital and provide superb care and compassion for patients when hospitalized.
- Comprehensive clinical assessment at the client's residence with quarterly follow-up visits
- Contacts client and/or next of kin within a timely manner if hospitalized at Broward Health Imperial Point
- Establishes a relationship with the client to promote trust
- Offers supportive counseling to clients and their family members
- Advocates for the client and their next of kin if hospitalized at Broward Health Imperial Point
- Assists with facilitating communication between the acute care team at the hospital, family members, living facility, and physician
- Alerts primary care physicians, specialists, and living facility to any changes found during assessment or quarterly follow up
- Connects the client with community resources and services based on assessment and quarterly follow-up, if necessary
- Provides a Caregivers Support Group that meets monthly at Broward Health Imperial Point
For more information, call 954-776-8961, Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5pm.
Caregiver's Support Group
A Caregiver’s Support Group is also held every month at Broward Health Imperial Point because we know that being the caregiver of a friend or loved one can be difficult. This group, hosted by Care Manager Bonnie Petrie, can help ease the burden of responsibility that many caregivers face and help connect you with various healthcare services for your loved ones. It is an opportunity for all types of caregivers to learn, share information, and support one another.
To RSVP for the next group, contact Bonnie at 954-776-8961.