Our caregivers at Salah Foundation Children's Hospital at Broward Health Coral Springs offer seven ways to reduce the risk for sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) and sleep-related deaths from birth to age 1.
1. Allow baby to always sleep in her own sleep space on a firm mattress
2. Never allow baby to sleep in bed with others
3. Always place baby on his back to sleep
4. Put nothing in the bed with the baby. That includes bumpers, stuffed animals, loose blankets or pillows.
5. Do not put mittens on the baby
6. Do not smoke around the baby
7. Breastfeed for as long as possible
Our caregivers are here to assist mothers. To learn more about our concierge maternity services, visit BrowardHealth.org/Maternity.