Social Work Month Profile: Katie Torres, MSW
Meet Katie Torres, MSW, who has served patients as a social worker at Broward Health North for the past two years. She's passionate about social work because she cares for patients during their time of need.
- What is your name, title, credentials, and years of service at Broward Health? Katie Torres, MSW. I have worked at Broward Health North for the past two years.
- Why are you passionate about social work? I am passionate about social work because I want to help patients and their families during their transition of care while hospitalized. The trauma of an illness can be one of the most stressful times for a patient or family, and I take joy in providing resources and comfort during this time.
- Why did you decide to become a social worker? I became a social worker because it encompasses my helpful personality and unique skill set.
- What is the most rewarding part of your job? The most rewarding part of my job is two-fold: working with an amazing multi-disciplinary team and making an impact on our patients through coordinating and facilitating their post-acute care.
- What advice would you give to someone pursuing a career in social work? My advise for pursuing social work would be not to lose yourself, try to always remain calm under pressure, and tackle one task at a time.