Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month: Meet Saul Rojas
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, meet Saul Rojas, a nutritional services aide at Broward Health Imperial Point who is of Colombian heritage. Music and dancing are two of the many reasons Saul is proud of his vibrant heritage. "It allows us to dance and celebrate different festivities," he said
- Name and Credentials: Saul Rojas, Nutritional Services Aide, Broward Health Imperial Point
- Length of service at Broward Health: Five years
- My heritage is: Colombian
- I can fluently speak the following languages: Spanish, English, and Portuguese
- This year, the theme of Hispanic Heritage Month is “Celebrating Untold Stories and Contributions of Hispanic Americans in Florida”. What is something you love about your Hispanic heritage/culture that you would like to share with Broward Health colleagues?
- The music that allows us to dance and celebrate different festivities should be celebrated by additional cultures.
- La música que nos permite bailar y celebrar diferentes festividades debe ser celebrada por culturas adicionales
- Who is a Hispanic figure you admire who has contributed to healthcare, society or directly to your life?
- The Doctor who created the Malaria Vaccine is from Colombia, Manuel Elkin Patarroyo.
- El médico que creó la Vacuna contra la Malaria es de Colombia, Manuel Elkin Patarroyo
- What is one interesting fact about your culture’s history?
- The Geographic location of Colombia made immigration possible for people all over the world due to Colombia’s 5 seaports.
- La ubicación geográfica de Colombia hizo posible la inmigración para personas de todo el mundo gracias a los 5 puertos marítimos de Colombia
- Why is it important to seek out and value diverse perspectives in healthcare/in general?
- Everyone is contributing to the healthcare system in the US so it is important to get perspectives from different backgrounds.
- Todos están contribuyendo al sistema de salud en los por lo que es importante obtener perspectivas de diferentes orígenes