FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA - Broward Health is one of the 10 largest public health systems in the U.S., and its guiding vision is to provide world-class healthcare to all it serves. The health system is proud to highlight notable awards, recognition and achievements attained by its hospitals, leaders and employees thus far in 2022 that reflect its commitment to its vision and the community.
- July 2022: Broward Health hospitals received national recognition for stroke care through the American Heart Association’s Get With the Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Awards.
Broward Health Medical Center: Stroke Gold Plus with Target, Stroke Honor Roll
Broward Health North: Stroke Gold Plus with Target, Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus, Advanced Therapy and Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll
Broward Health Imperial Point: Stroke Gold Plus with Target, Stroke Honor Roll and Target, Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll
- July 2022: Broward Health Coral Springs was voted as the Best Hospital, Best Emergency Room and Best Woman's Hospital by the readers of Our City magazine.
- July 2022: Broward Health hospitals earned 12 high-performing designations from U.S. News & World Report.
Broward Health Medical Center: COPD, heart attack, heart failure, kidney failure, stroke
Broward Health North: COPD, diabetes, kidney failure, stroke
Broward Health Coral Springs: COPD, kidney failure
Broward Health Imperial Point: COPD
- July 2022: Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center was one of only five programs nationwide to receive the American Hospital Association’s Dick Davidson NOVA Award for its hospital-led collaborative efforts to improve community health.
- July 2022: The Maternity Place at Broward Health Coral Springs was chosen as the Favorite Maternity Hospital in Broward County by readers of South Florida Family Life magazine.
- June 2022: Broward Health was the first health system announced to partner with the University of Florida Health and Insightec, a medical technology company, on potentially groundbreaking Alzheimer’s research that received funding from the state of Florida.
- August 2022: Broward Health Chief Medical Officer Joshua Lenchus, D.O., was installed as president of the Florida Medical Association.
- July 2022: Broward Health Community Affairs Director Kathy Salerno was named one of South Florida Business Journal's 40 Under 40 honorees.
- July 2022: Broward Health Coral Springs lactation consultant Nichole Salisbury, RN, IBCLC, was nominated as a Women of Distinction by the March of Dimes.
- May 2022: Romaine Layne, Chief Financial Officer of Broward Health’s Ambulatory Services, was named “CFO of the Year” by the South Florida Business Journal.
- February 2022: Broward Health’s President & CEO Shane Strum was named one of South Florida Business Journal's “Power Leaders in Healthcare for 2022”.
Broward Health, providing service for more than 85 years, is a nationally recognized system in South Florida that offers world-class healthcare to all. The Broward Health system includes the statutory teaching hospital Broward Health Medical Center, Broward Health North, Broward Health Imperial Point, Broward Health Coral Springs, Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital, Broward Health Weston, Broward Health Community Health Services, Broward Health Physician Group, Broward Health Urgent Care, Broward Health International, and Broward Health Foundation. For more information, visit BrowardHealth.org.