Monday Sep. 23, 2019
Malnutrition Awareness Week
Good nutrition has many benefits beyond helping you maintain a healthy weight. It can help reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke, improve your ability to recover from an illness or injury and increase your energy level. Joanne Bassan, clinical nutrition coordinator at Broward Health Medical Center, shares some simple ways you can incorporate good nutrition into your daily diet.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables that vary in colors and variety
- Eat the majority of your cereals, breads, pasta, rice from whole grains sources
- Choose lowfat or nonfat milk, lean meats, fatty fish
- Try vegetarian or vegan options like beans, tofu, nuts
- Avoid high fat, high sodium cooking. Include prebiotics and probiotics
- Avoid processed junk food
- Avoid sugary drinks
Broward Health, providing service for more than 85 years, is a nationally recognized system in South Florida that offers world-class healthcare to all. The Broward Health system includes the statutory teaching hospital Broward Health Medical Center, Broward Health North, Broward Health Imperial Point, Broward Health Coral Springs, Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital, Broward Health Weston, Broward Health Community Health Services, Broward Health Physician Group, Broward Health Urgent Care, Broward Health International, and Broward Health Foundation. For more information, visit BrowardHealth.org.