Meet Drs. Mammen and Molly Zachariah
What is your complete name and official physician titles:
- Mammen Zachariah, MD, FACC, PACP, FSCAI, Director of Cardiac Lab
- Molly Zachariah, MD, FACC, FCCP, FACP
What is your areas of specialty?
- Dr. Mammen Zachariah: Intervenional Cardiology
- Dr. Molly Zachariah: Cardiology
How long have your worked at Broward Health? Three years
Describe the moment you knew you wanted to be a doctor:
- Dr. Molly Zachariah: "I enjoy taking care of patients and it's a privilege to see people get better."
- Dr. Mammen Zachariah: "This is the greatest profession and I’m surrounded by the greatest human beings. I'm happy to be part of the Broward Health family where people are loving, compassionate and sincere."
What do you most want people to know about the way you practice medicine:
- Dr. Mammen Zachariah: "It’s a collaboration with the patient. A patient also needs to be responsible for his/her own health. Avoid health troubles, drugs and make sure to exercise. We have a remote control for everything these days, and we are moving less."
What’s one health and wellness tip you wish all your patients would follow?
- Dr. Mammen Zachariah: "Don’t invite health troubles. Protect your body."
What have you learned from your patients?
- Dr. Mammen Zachariah: "Listen to the patient. He or she is telling you the diagnosis."
Do you volunteer in the community? What groups are you involved with and did you choose those groups for a special reason? Both physicians participate in community education and lectures.