Wednesday Nov. 28, 2018
5 Ways to Resolve Workplace Tension
Get rid of workplace tension by following these five tips:
- Look up and rest your eyes on a distant spot for a few minutes. This will help counter eye strain from focusing on close-up work and help clear up any fuzziness.
- Adjust your posture. Sitting up straight, placing your feet flat beneath you, will relieve the pressure on your neck and spine. Make sure that your computer screen is positioned so that you can keep your head tilted slightly downward, not upward.
- Stand up and stretch with your arms over your head. Move them behind your back and swivel your hips. Just these simple movements can reset your body.
- Try self-massage. Cross your arm over your chest, reach to the opposite shoulder and give yourself a brief massage.
- Just breathe. Close your eyes and take a few slow, deep breaths. Focus on clearing your mind of worries.
Broward Health, providing service for more than 85 years, is a nationally recognized system in South Florida that offers world-class healthcare to all. The Broward Health system includes the statutory teaching hospital Broward Health Medical Center, Broward Health North, Broward Health Imperial Point, Broward Health Coral Springs, Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital, Broward Health Weston, Broward Health Community Health Services, Broward Health Physician Group, Broward Health Urgent Care, Broward Health International, and Broward Health Foundation. For more information, visit BrowardHealth.org.