Are you feeling like something's missing or out of balance in your life? The key is to focus on what energizes you and limit things that deplete you. Try following these tips:
- Determine what's most satisfying. Is your goal to enjoy work and have enough energy to enjoy your home life? Or cultivate a better relationship with your family and friends? Your answers will help you set the right goals.
- Say “no” without apology or guilt. It’s okay to politely decline requests regarding activities you’re not interested in doing.
- Eliminate energy drainers. This includes surfing the web, excessive worrying and listening to others complain.
- Pare down and organize chores and errands. Delegate activities to other family members.
- Focus on doing one thing at time. You think you’ll come out ahead if you multitask. However, multitasking adds stress!
Source: Broward Health Employee Assistance Program