Helping You Stay Healthy
As an accountable care organization (ACO), your doctors are committed to keep you well. WIth the care teams we assemble for you, Broward Health keeps you healthier in numerous different ways at no added cost. Here are just a few of those ways:
- Reminders for important health screenings
- Classes and resources with information about your health conditions and support for lifestyle changes
- Quality measures specific to you and your illness
- A focus on preventing illness before it occurs
- One-on-one support for questions about medications, diagnosis and treatment plans
- Support for transitioning from the hospital to home
Currently, we have commercial contracts with Cigna and Florida Blue. We are in the process of adding additional commercial contracts and actively exploring Medicare ACO.
To view your medical records or create an account, visit our portal.
1) Improve patient outcomes
2) Improve patient satisfaction and engagement
3) Improve provider satisfaction and engagement
4) Improve appropriate utilization by being proactive in getting patients access to care
The ACO staff review records and reach out the assigned patients to ensure that annual visits are taking place and that you are staying on top of any screenings for medical conditions you may have or be at risk of developing. They also work with your physicians to eliminate any barriers to care you might experience.
"I Can Now Say I'm Cancer Free"
I have always eaten fairly healthy and exercised regularly. I was shocked when, after my annual mammogram, my doctor told me I had stage 0 breast cancer. Thank goodness for the ACO's care coordinator nurse that reached out to remind me of and schedule my appointment. I can't imagine if I had forgotten about that mammogram. Throughout my treatment, my different doctors worked together as one team. I can now say that I'm cancer free!
"I Was Scared for the Future"
When I was diagnosed with diabetes 3 years ago, I was scared for the future. I didn't even know I was apart of an ACO, but Broward Health's team gave me the care, information, and support I needed. My care team was specific to my needs. Working with my general practitioner, nurses, and dietitians, I was able to learn about my lifestyle changes that helped me get off off two of my diabetes medications and prevent further complications.