About the Board
The North Broward Hospital District (d/b/a Broward Health) is governed by a seven-member Board of Commissioners, each appointed by the governor to a four-year term. The terms are staggered to expire in alternate years. Five commissioners represent specific regions within Broward County, the other two are at-large members. The Board exercises budgetary authority, selects the senior executive management, participates in the fiscal management, provides taxing authority and determines the scope of services to be provided to the community. Board members participate on various District councils and committees. The President/CEO of the North Broward Hospital District reports to the Board.
Unless otherwise noted, Broward Health's Board meetings are open to the public, in compliance with Florida's Sunshine Law. Tax hearings are for the purpose of discussion and explaining the reasons for the millage rate and receiving public comments.
Locations for specific meetings are noted in the meeting calendar.
- Broward Health Corporate Offices - 1700 NW 49th Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Broward Health Medical Center - Auditoriums, 1600 S. Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
- Broward Health North - Conference Center, 201 E. Sample Road, Deerfield Beach, FL 33064
- Broward Health Imperial Point - Private Dining Room or Auditoriums, 6401 N. Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
- Broward Health Coral Springs - Medical Office Complex, Conference Center, 1st Floor, 3100 Coral Hills Drive, Coral Springs, FL 33065
- Broward Health Weston - Conference Center, 1st Floor, 2300 N. Commerce Parkway, Weston, FL 33326