Center for Hand and Upper Extremity
The Broward Health Center for Hand and Upper Extremity treats adults and children suffering from bone and soft-tissue conditions of the hand and upper extremity. Specialized, board certified physicians work with a comprehensive team to restore range of motion, decrease pain and increase strength. The center provides high quality, individualized treatment plan for all conditions affecting the hand and upper extremity, in adults and children.
Please call 954-712-H.A.N.D (4263) for additional information.
The following condition are treated:
- Adult & Pediatric Hand Surgery
- Arthritis Surgery of the Upper Extremities
- Arthroscopic Hand & Wrist Surgery
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Children’s hand, wrist and elbow
- Congenital hand and upper extremity surgery
- Contractures after a stroke
- Crush injuries
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Dislocations of the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow
- Dupuytren’s Disease and contractures
- Extremity Replantation
- Fractures of the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow
- Hand numbness
- Hand paralysis
- Hand stiffness
- Hand, wrist, and elbow infections
- Industrial Upper Extremity Injuries
- Joint replacements in the hand, wrist, and elbow
- Kienbock’s disease
- Ligament injuries of the Hand, Wrist fingers, wrist, elbow
- Nail and fingertip injuries
- Nerve injuries in the hand and arm
- Olecranon bursitis
- Pain in the fingers, hand, wrist, forearm, or elbow
- Peripheral Nerve Surgery
- Reconstructive correction of fracture deformities
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sports injuries in the hand, wrist and elbow
- Stiffness of the hand, wrist and elbow
- Tendon injuries of the fingers, hand, wrist, elbow
- Trauma of the Hand, Wrist, and Forearm
- Treatment of Complex Non-Unions
- Trigger finger
- Secondary Reconstruction of Extremity Injuries
- Tumors in the fingers, hand, wrist, forearm, or elbow
- Vascular problems in the hand
Team and Approach
The Broward Health Center for Hand and Upper Extremity, consists of a collaborative team of highly specialized, fellowship trained and board certified hand and upper extremity surgeons, working in close partnership with certified hand therapists.
The team of expert physicians and therapists, are committed to achieving the best possible outcomes, with clinical skills, empathy and compassion. Our mission is to restore our patients to the highest level of function, at home, at work and at recreation. Our team utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to restore and preserve hand and upper extremity function in both adults and children. Each patient is treated with personalized options ranging from therapy and nonsurgical care to surgery correction.
Rehabilitation and physical therapy units at Broward Health work together with the Hand and Upper Extremity Program to provide specialized care to individuals suffering from movement disorders or injuries. The mission of Rehabilitation Services at Broward Health is to improve patients' quality of life through a progressive and integrated continuum of services. Specialized services in various types of rehabilitation are designed to help patients reach their highest level of independent functioning.
The Latest Technology
Broward Health is one of the few public healthcare systems in the nation to implement a Barcoded Medication Administration System (BCMA). This advanced BCMA records, tracks and ensures the correct medications are delivered in the prescribed dosage and time, to the right patient. With the use of a simple barcoded wristband, patients can see the system at work and are reassured by the added safety measure. BCMA enables caregivers to work more efficiently and demonstrates Broward Health's commitment to patient safety.
Find a Doctor
We can match you to a doctor based on your location, language preference, and more. The search results will provide more ways to narrow your search.