Heart disease is the number one killer among men in the U.S. Cancer is the second most common cause of death in American men. And 13 million men in this country have diabetes. That’s why Broward Health is on a mission to improve the health of men in our community.
At Broward Health, our goal is to improve the health of the men in our community. To do this, Broward Health Imperial Point has created a 30-minute men's health screening. Only $75, it's quick, painless and includes a variety of blood tests and screenings to evaluate an array of health conditions (a $2,000 value). Neither a prescription nor an appointment is necessary for the men's health screening.
Broward Health Imperial Point (BHIP) is the first and only hospital in Broward County to acquire the latest technology in robotic surgery: the da Vinci® Xi Surgical System. The da Vinci Xi is a tool that utilizes advanced, robotic technologies to assist surgeons during operations. It does not act on its own, but is controlled by a robotic-trained surgeon. The da Vinci Xi can be used across a broad spectrum of minimally-invasive surgical procedures and has been optimized for multi-quadrant surgeries in the areas of gynecology, urology, thoracic, cardiac and general surgery.
Broward Health Imperial Point uses the da Vinci® Xi to perform minimally-invasive surgical procedures in the areas of gynecology, urology and general surgery. Unlike traditional “open” surgery, patients may now experience:
- A shorter hospital stay
- Less blood loss
- Fewer complications
- Less need for narcotic pain medicine
- A faster recovery
- Smaller incisions for minimal scarring
Men's Health Navigator:
To make things even more convenient, we have a Men's Health Navigator who will assist you with any questions or concerns you have. Whether you need to come in after walk-in hours are over, want a chest x-ray in addition, or have a question about your insurance, our Navigator is here to help.
- Blood pressure and pulse oximetry screening which checks the level of oxygen in your blood.
- Complete blood count evaluates your white blood cells which fight infections and your red blood cells that carry oxygen.
- Complete metabolic profile tests your kidney and liver function, as well as electrolytes, glucose, sodium and many other levels.
- Lipid profile tests your cholesterol and triglycerides levels. Since this is a screening, we do not require that you have fasted. If there are abnormal results, you can come to the hospital and retake the test, free of charge, or follow the instructions of your physician.
- Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) measures the level of PSA, which is a protein produced by cells of the prostate gland. The higher a man's PSA level, the more concern there is that prostate cancer may exist. This test is only one part of a prostate screening. Discuss all aspects of prostate health with your physician.
- Testosterone test that measures your level of this hormone, which impacts energy level and libido.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) is an indicator of how health you are as it relates to weight and height. It can indicate if a person may be at risk for developing health complications.
- Vitamin D evaluates the level of this nutrient, which is crucial for supporting and maintaining bone health.
- Thyroid (TT3, T4 and TSH) measures your level of these hormones, which are essential for regulating your metabolism.
- Diabetes test (A1C) determines your blood sugar average over the last two to three months. Fasting is not required.
Results and Follow-up:
You will receive your results within two weeks. First, we will contact you by telephone to discuss the results and then send you a copy for your records or follow-up care. Our men's health screening is a big step in making your health a priority. However, a physician will need to address any findings and can recommend other tests based on your age and lifestyle.
If you don't already have a primary care physician, we will share with you the names of our highly-skilled, board certified men's health physicians.
Because many insurance companies do not cover screening tests, we offer the complete screening for just $75.
We will gladly check your insurance coverage for the men's health screening. Please note that this may take additional time. Please call 954-279-7946 to verify prior to your visit.
The Latest Technology
The da Vinci Xi® Surgical System, available at Broward Health Imperial Point, is a tool that utilizes advanced, robotic technologies to assist surgeons during operations. It does not act on its own, but is controlled by a robotic-trained surgeon. The da Vinci Xi® can be used across a broad spectrum of minimally-invasive surgical procedures and has been optimized for multi-quadrant surgeries in the areas of gynecology, urology, thoracic, cardiac and general surgery.
Find a Doctor
We can match you to a doctor based on your location, language preference, and more. The search results will provide more ways to narrow your search.