Salah Foundation Children's Hospital at Broward Health Medical Center & Broward Health Coral Springs
1600 S. Andrews Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Salah Foundation Children's Hospital at Broward Health
Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital at Broward Health is recognized by the Children's Hospital Association, providing family-centered care for newborns, neonates, children and youth. Our healthcare team features pediatricians representing numerous sub-specialties and pediatric nurses dedicated to serving the individual needs of children and their families. Everything from child-friendly playrooms to meal-time menus have been planned with the comfort and special needs of children in mind.
Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital at Broward Health serves a multitude of pediatric specialty services including allergy/immunology, cardiology, dentistry, endocrinology, gastroenterology, infectious disease, nephrology, neurology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, psychiatry, pulmonology, rheumatology, surgery and special needs. Our otolaryngology, urology, neurosurgery, and plastic surgery specialists also treat our youngest of patients.
The Children’s Hospital has been renamed the Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital at Broward Health and is undergoing a patient/family-centered care renovation. Thanks to the generosity of donors in our community, as well as the commitment of The Salah Foundation, the hospital features:
- A state-of-the-art treatment room with a TV in the ceiling; all painful or uncomfortable procedures should be done in the treatment room away from the safety of the patient’s hospital room
- A nutrition pantry open to the families so they can feel at home while they are away from their own home
- Private rooms with their own bathrooms and showers
- Couches that open to twin size mattress with an additional trundle mattress for another guest to keep families together during their hospital stay
We are currently completing the 7th and 8th floors of the South Tower for our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Unit. The design features all private rooms featuring amenities for the parents comfort and to foster support for family-centered care. We have continued with our colorful aquatic theme and introduced the designs children of all ages will enjoy.
We are proud of the healthcare services we provide. Some of our major services include:
24-Hour Pediatric Emergency Department
- Pediatric Trauma Center - Level I
- Fast Track System to expedite treatment of minor emergencies
- Child Life Program featuring Music, Pet-assisted, Art and Humor Therapy
- MEDi® the Robot – an interactive robot that offers comfort to pediatric patients
Critical Care Intensivists
PICU intensivists are board-certified and available on-site 24/7
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- A 63-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit equipped with state-of-the-art technology offering the highest level of care for neonatal diagnosis, surgery, rehabilitation and ophthalmology
- Admits infants from any community hospital, with safe air and ground transport coordinated by a dedicated transport team
- Board-certified neonatologists, nursing specialists and other pediatric specialists such as lactation experts ensure comprehensive, multidisciplinary, individualized care for critically ill newborns
- Designated as a Level III Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center (RPICC) for excellence in standard of care and one of only 11 RPICC sites in the state of Florida, where high quality medical care is provided to improve the immediate and long-term outcome of pregnancy and of infants born at risk
- Focuses on the needs of both infant and family and provides Child Life, Music Therapy, and Pastoral and Social Services
Pediatric Acute Care Unit
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit - Level 1
Pediatric Medical/Surgical Unit
Pediatric PICC Line Team
Aftercare Programs, Anesthesia, Audiology, Cardiology, Endocrinology, ENT, Gastroenterology, Genetics, Hematology/Oncology Unit, Inpatient Dialysis, Lactation Center, Nephrology, Neuroscience, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Oncology Survivorship Program, Palliative Care, Pathology, Radiology, Rehabilitation Services, Sedation Unit, Urology
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit & Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Transport Team
da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
To excel in healthcare outcomes, the Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital Broward Health has implemented several programs, including:
- A Hand Hygiene Subcommittee of the Infection Control Committee through which representatives train, monitor, collect data and champion proper hand hygiene techniques
- Tracking and trending Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infection in order to make recommendations for improvements and share best practices
- Interventions to combat Central Line Associated Blood Stream Infection
- Education about and surveillance of Surgical Site Infections
- Activities to reduce Ventilator Associated Events
We have one of the largest pediatric hematology/oncology program in south Florida.
Since January 2015, the Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital at Broward Health has seen more than 6,000 pediatric hematology/oncology patients. We have four physicians who specialize in pediatric hematology/oncology: Alejandro Cambara, MD, Hector Rodriguez-Cortes, MD (Medical Director), Angelica Garzon, MD and Catalina Ruiz Mesa, MD.
Multidisciplinary Pediatric Obesity Clinic
Dr. Debora Duro and Dr. Lital Reitblat have launched the Multidisciplinary Pediatric Obesity Clinic at Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital Broward Health - an outpatient clinic offering patients an individualized treatment program developed by an expert team of pediatric gastroenterologists, pediatric endocrinologists, dietitians and psychologists. The goal is to provide each patient with the resources needed to help children and their families successfully manage the complexities of obesity and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Clinics are held each month at the hospital.
Last number of children we see each year in the programs or overall and number of children who go through our pediatric ER
Last fiscal year, Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital at Broward Health saw more than 25,000 pediatric patients.
Pediatric Residency Program
The Pediatric Residency Program accepts eight pediatric residents each year for a three years -totaling 24 pediatric residents. We are affiliated with three medical schools including Florida International University as our allopathic-sponsoring university and Nova Southeastern University as our osteopathic-sponsoring university. In addition, we are the core pediatric training site for the University of Miami - MD/MPH 3rd year cohort clerkship program.
Our Pediatric Residency Program was the first in the country to make the transition from American Osteopathic Association accreditation to Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education accreditation under the Single Accreditation System.
Salah Foundation Children's Hospital Services
You can feel safe trusting the Emergency Services Department at Broward...Learn More »
Broward Health is making critical improvements in cancer treatment...Learn More »
Rest assured your heart is in the right place at Broward Health...Learn More »
Broward Health Medical Center has a variety of Active Adult Clinical...Learn More »
Find a Doctor
We can match you to a doctor based on your location, language preference, and more. The search results will provide more ways to narrow your search.