Providing Inclusive Care for the LGBTQIA+ Community
We accept every patient for who they are- whether they identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, intersex or asexual. At Broward Health Imperial Point, we are uniquely equipped with the training and the staff to provide a comfortable environment for everyone who walks through our doors.
Education and Training
Broward Health Imperial is proud of its LGBTQ business-friendly certification with SunServe a local LGBTQ nonprofit social services agency. The hospital partnered with SunServe to train the management team and over 200 front-line staff on culturally-competent care specific to the LGBTQ community. Education and training consisted of lectures, interactive workshops, examining real case studies, written examinations and more to focus on putting the principals for inclusive care into practice.
Policies & Procedures
Our Policies and Procedures take healthcare equality into consideration:
Community Involvement & Partnerships
We have a robust year-round community outreach program that sponsors the Pride Center at Equality Park’s annual Senior Health Expo in October, Rainbow 5K race in February and Stonewall Parade and Festival in June and much more.
Broward Health Imperial Point has built lasting partnerships with various prominent organizations and media companies:
Pink Nail Society
iHeartMedia’s 93.9 MIA
Pride Center of Wilton Manors
South Florida Gay News
Greater Fort Lauderdale Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
Wilton Manors Business Association
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
Comprehensive Services Include:
- Single Incision hysterectomies for trans men
- HIV testing
- Conveniently located emergency room
- Wide variety of outpatient services
- Comprehensive men and women's health screenings
- Behavioral Health services
- Orthopedics & sports medicine
- Surgical services including minimally invasive robotics
- Physical therapy, rehabilitation & wellness gym
- Wound care & hyperbaric medicine
- Interventional radiology and catheterization laboratory
- Joint Commission certified primary stroke center & heart failure program
No appointment necessary. Walk-ins welcome for most services.
For more information, call 954.776.8500 or visit, BrowardHealth.org/BHIP
Conveniently located at
6401 N. Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308