The mission of inpatient rehabilitation is to improve patients quality of life through a progressive and integrated continuum of services.
Learn to Live Again With Our Rehabilitation Team
Broward Health offers a full spectrum of inpatient rehabilitation services in one convenient location designed to help you learn to live again. The 30 bed inpatient rehabilitation unit is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for Inpatient Rehabilitation and Stroke Specialty services. The Inpatient Rehabilitation has also earned the Disease-Specific Care Certification from The Joint Commission for Stroke Rehabilitation. It's the only acute inpatient rehabilitation unit in Broward County recognized with both honors in stroke care and acute rehabilitation.
To find out if you or someone you know may benefit from our program, call us at 954-786-6413.
Why Choose Us for Inpatient Treatment
The inpatient rehabilitation unit provides personalized and patient-focused care to individuals who have suffered an acute illness, injury, or accident resulting in significant loss of motor skills. The physician-led multidisciplinary rehabilitation team is dedicated to your recovery.
Inpatient care programs include rehabilitation for:
- Brain injury
- Congenital deformity
- Leg fracture
- Multiple trauma
- Neurological disorders
- Severe or advanced osteoarthritis
- Spinal cord injury
- Other conditions that have resulted in a loss of independence and mobility
The most important member of the team is you. Additional caregivers who will be important to your recovery include:
- Your Family – your major support system included in your treatment, education, and planning throughout your stay
- Physiatrist – a board-certified doctor in physical medicine and rehabilitation diagnose your condition and direct your expanded treatment team
- Physical therapist – helps you regain strength, balance, and coordination to restore mobility
- Occupational therapist – teaches you new ways to perform daily activities such as grooming, bathing, and dressing
- Speech language therapist – helps you regain speaking and swallowing functions and cognitive abilities
- Rehabilitation nurse – assists in managing your rehabilitation care while focusing on teaching you self-care and guiding you and your family through the recovery process
- Clinical dietitian – oversees your nutritional needs and works with other team members to ensure your diet is appropriate for your rehabilitation and medical needs
- Social worker – helps patients and families adjust and cope with new realities, and assists in coordinating your discharge process
Quality of Care
We are accredited by The Joint Commission as well as the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for our Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit (IRU) and Stroke Specialty program. The certification was awarded based on a rigorous peer review process and reflects the quality of the IRU's services to patients who have experienced serious illness or accidents.
Patient Outcome Documents
Find a Doctor
We can match you to a doctor based on your location, language preference, and more. The search results will provide more ways to narrow your search.