Our caring staff includes experienced board-certified radiologists, certified technologists, critical care nurses and administrative staff who are dedicated to providing personalized service and quality imaging and interpretation, in addition to the most advanced techniques in diagnostic and therapeutic radiology.
We work closely with your primary physician to assure timely and convenient scheduling, imaging, treatment and follow-up. Our goal is to determine and perform the best course of treatment on an individual basis.
Broward Health’s nuclear medicine, MRI, CT, mammography and ultrasound services are fully accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR). This prestigious achievement is an example of our commitment to providing the highest quality standards in the community.
Broward Health’s Imaging Center offers state-of-the-art screening exams including:
- 128 Multi-Slice CT Scanners
- Total body CT
- Coronary CTA and Cardiac calcium scoring, the latest in non-invasive cardiac imaging
- Virtual Colonoscopy
- Brain, Carotid, Thoracic, Abdominal and Peripheral CT angiograms, requiring only a venous injection
- Digital Mammography/stereotactic breast biopsies
- Bone Density
- MRI including breast imaging
- Nuclear Medicine
- Interventional radiology including Chemo Embolization, Angioplasties, Port Insertions, Radio Frequency and Cryo Ablations, Kyphoplasties and Uterine Fibroid Embolization
- PET Scan
Broward Health North Imaging Center
In addition, BHN offers a 128 Multi-slice CT Scanner which offers safer procedures with significant reduction in radiation exposure and unprecedented image quality.Broward Health North also offers PET Scan (Positron Emission Tomography)
PET is a powerful, proven diagnostic imaging modality that displays the biological basis of function in the organ systems of the human body unobtainable through any other means. PET can effectively pinpoint the source of many of the most common cancers, heart and neurological diseases, eliminating the need for redundant tests and diagnostic surgical procedures. PET is safe and replaces multiple medical testing procedures with a single exam. PET shows all the organ systems often before it shows the progress of disease and how the body responds to treatments.
PET assists in the clinical management of:
- ONCOLOGY- Lung cancer, breast cancer, testicular cancer, lymphoma, melanoma, recurrent brain tumors, tumor therapy monitoring, and assessing effectiveness of treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation
- NEUROLOGY - Diagnosis of Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, Huntington's, epilepsy and stroke victims
For questions or to request more information, please call 954-786-6450.
Appointments can be made through Central Scheduling at 954-759-7500.
Walk-ins are accepted for most procedures with physician prescription and authorization, if required.
Broward Health Medical Center Radiology Department
The Lillian S. Wells Women’s Health Center at Broward Health Medical Center offers a comprehensive array of diagnostic and therapeutic radiologic services. The Lillian S. Wells Women’s Health Center was awarded the Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the ACR and provides state-of-the-art breast cancer screening tools including:
- SenoClaire is a new, FDA-approved 3-D imaging technology. that uses a low-dose, short X-ray sweep around the positioned breast with nine exposures acquired with a “step-and-shoot” method, removing the potential motion from the tube to help reduce blur and increase image sharpness. With SenoClaire, there is no increase in dose from a 2-D standard mammogram to a 3-D view, which means there is no increased radiation to patients during the breast exam.
- Another new breast cancer screening technology offered at the center is SenoBright, a new contrast-enhanced spectral mammography that helps physicians provide answers sooner regarding the presence or absence of breast cancer. Using an iodine contrast agent, SenoBright takes two images per view at different X-ray exposures. A SenoBright exam can be performed with the same mammographic equipment and staff and cuts the critical patient wait time from detection to diagnosis.
- Also available at the Women’s Health Center SensorySuites, which provide women receiving mammograms an interactive experience that stimulates three senses simultaneously: sight, smell and hearing. Patients have a choice between three environmental sceneries—seaside, garden or waterfall—which begins in the waiting room with decorative wall panels and a bookmark with an accompanying bracelet infused with the corresponding scent. The experience culminates in the exam room, with flat screen monitors displaying videos with the selected ambiance and a scent diffuser that infuses the air with calming fragrance.
Broward Health Medical Center CT
The SOMATOM® Definition Flash from Siemens Healthcare creates new opportunities for patient friendly imaging at Broward Health Medical Center. The SOMATOM Definition Flash is one of the fastest computed tomography (or CT) scanners available today. For most adults, it can image the entire chest in less than a second and it can scan the whole body in less than 5 seconds. For children, many scans can be completed in less than 1 second. With such fast imaging times, Broward Health can generally perform these studies using less radiation than conventional CT scanners – meaning a safer imaging procedure.
The SOMATOM Definition Flash also employs Siemens FAST CARE technology, which allows technologists at Broward Health Medical Center to conduct high quality imaging that minimizes radiation dose levels, while spending more time with patients Broward Health Medical Center is the only hospital in Broward county offering this level of technology.
For questions or to request more information, please call 954.355.5500 or the Lillian S. Wells Women’s Health Center at 305.355.5525. To schedule your outpatient test or procedure call Central Scheduling at 954-759-7500.
Broward Health Coral Springs Radiology Services
64Optima* MR450w 1.5T
Broward Health Coral Springs now offers the latest in MRI imaging designed with the most sophisticated tools for evaluating patients—the Optima* MR450w 1.5T with GEM Suite coil technology. This advanced system not only maximizes comfort for patients undergoing MR exams but also has uncompromised image capability. This advanced functionality gives physicians the tools to help make more definitive diagnoses.
Additional benefits include:
- A 70-cm wide bore to add patient space for comfort
- A table surface with different cushion densities designed to alleviate pressure points
- Feet-first imaging for all exam types
Broward Health Imperial Point Radiology Department
Broward Health Imperial Point offers a complete line of radiological services, some of the more advanced equipment offered are the Selenia Dimensions and the 64-Slice CT Scanner.
Broward Health Imperial Point recently purchased a new mammography unit. It is the most desirable 2D/3D tomosynthesis system that redefines ergonomics and takes the lead in breast cancer imaging. This machine provides more accuracy, it increases positive predictive value for both recalls (49%) and biopsy (21%) compared with 2D mammography. It also creates more clinical efficiency by reducing recalls due to false positive by up to 40%, which in turn saving patients time and money.
The tomosynthesis scan time is 3.7 second regardless of the breast thickness. In addition, it has i-view software that provides functional imaging information and highly detailed 2D images for enhanced precision in breast cancer detection. The C-view software generates 2D images from the tomo data set, reducing patient’s radiation dose and time under compression.
64-Slice CT Scanner
This revolutionary CT scan, which is a low dose radiation machine designed to use the least possible radiation to create images, shows precise, three dimensional images of soft tissue, bone and blood vessels. It is uniquely able to help your physician detect a myriad of maladies such as strokes, abscesses or herniated discs, as well as damage to bone or soft tissue in trauma patients.
Extended Outpatient Operating Hours:
The Department of Radiology has extended operating hours in its MRI and CT Divisions.
Our MRI unit is open from 7:15 am - 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday; and Saturday 8:00 am - 3:00 pm. We will also make every effort to accommodate walk-in patients, if needed.
The 64-Slice CT Scanner is open Monday - Friday, from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm, and Saturday from 7:00 am - 3:00 pm.
For further inquiries call 954-776-8856 (CT Scan) or 954-776-8845 (MRI).
Ultrasound is open Monday - Friday from 7:15 am - 4:15 pm and Saturday from 8:30 am - 3:45 pm.
Bone Density is open Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm and Saturday from 8:00 am - 12:00 noon.
Mammography is available Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm and every other Saturday from 8:00 am - 11:45 am.
X-Rays (Diagnostic Radiology) are available Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm and Saturday from 8:00 am - 12:00 noon.
To schedule your outpatient test or procedure call Central Scheduling at 954-759-7500.
The Latest Technology
Broward Health Weston is home to the first Siemens Definition AS+ 128 Multi-Slice CT Scanner in Broward County. It's the world's first CT Scanner to adapt to virtually every patient and provides imaging for most types of diagnostic exams, including vessel imaging, cardiac tests and cancer staging. It's exceptionally fast – even faster than the human heart – and produces spectacular images, plus in many cases it eliminates the need for follow-up tests.
Find a Doctor
We can match you to a doctor based on your location, language preference, and more. The search results will provide more ways to narrow your search.
Salah Foundation Children's Hospital at Broward Health Medical Center & Broward Health Coral Springs
1600 S. Andrews Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316