Specialized Delivery Experience
Our Broward Health Obstetrics team provides expert care for every aspect of your pregnancy – from before delivery to an outstanding labor and delivery experience. For specialized care, we provide expertise in Maternal Fetal Medicine and high-risk pregnancies so Moms can rest assured the Broward Health team is ready for your every need. To get started on your maternity care, we provide quick access to the Broward Health patient portal for convenient online registration.
Our Commitment Before Delivery
Broward Health Medical Center provides lactation classes, so Moms understand what to expect with breastfeeding. Our classes provide up-to-date breastfeeding information, which will provide a positive experience for Mom and baby. Dad and or support person are encouraged to attend. The class will cover breastfeeding challenges and how to resolve them, breastfeeding positioning techniques, nutrition concerns for breastfeeding Moms, management of common breastfeeding challenges and information for Mothers returning to work. For more information about prenatal classes, please call (954) 759-7400 or email email@example.com
What to Expect During Your Hospital Stay
For everything from enhanced delivery care to extra special services such as massage therapy, Maternity Place at Broward Health Medical Center provides a positive and memorable birthing experience. Learn more about our Pampered Pregnancy Experience and other special maternity services, including:
- 36 private postpartum suites with luxurious shower facilities
- Full-size bed with pillow-top mattress for dad or partner
- Vanity station for Mom
- Large-screen TV
- 3 deluxe Empress Suites with extra-spacious family areas and Tea Time room service available on a first-come, first-served basis for an additional charge
- Level III Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center and Neonatal Intensive Care Units on-site
- 24/7 Breast pump rental services
- 24-hour In-House Specialists –anesthesiologist, neonatologist, obstetrician and certified nurse-midwife
- 24-hour Level III Neonatal Unit – The 63-bed NICU is one of the largest and most sophisticated in Florida. As a state-designated Level III unit, the NICU can support the tiniest and most fragile of babies.
- In-house transport team which provides air and ground service on a 24/7 availability
- Parent Weekly Support Group
- Newborn Channel – Information on caring for yourself or your baby postpartum is available with the push of a button through our dedicated Newborn Channel.
In addition, our nurses are trained to assist with breastfeeding during your hospital stay. If questions or challenges occur, a board-certified Lactation Consultant is available to help with all your needs. Patients should call 954.468.5276 to reach a Lactation Consultant.
Therapy Services for Comfort and Relaxation
Massage can help you reduce stress, relieve pain and discomfort, and enhance recovery from injury. Our licensed massage therapists offer half-hour and hour-long sessions.
Our special Prenatal Yoga 101 Class is available to enhance comfort for the mother-to-be. At Broward Health Medical Center, please contact The Fitness Center at 954.355.5521 for additional information or book an appointment.
Support Services Available After Your Hospital Stay
We offer private lactation consultation — A board-certified Lactation Consultant is available to assist you after you leave the hospital. To schedule a private appointment, please call 954.468.5276. There is also a fee that is associated with this private lactation consultation.
We also provide a free breastfeeding support group, meeting every 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month at 10:30 a.m. in the Lillian Wells Women Center. Pre-registration is not required. For more information, please call 954.468.5276.
Breast Pump Rentals and Sales
Electric breast pumps are available to rent 24 hours a day. During regular business hours, the Lactation Consultant is available to guide you with your decision based on your needs on the rental or purchase of a breast pump. In addition, we feature a full line of breastfeeding accessories, such as nursing bras, nursing pillows, lanolin, breast shells and freezer bags. For more information on our breast pump sales and rentals, please call 954.468.5276 and our friendly Lactation Consultants will be available to assist you in your selection.
For more information about our breastfeeding services, call the Lactation Consultants at 954.468.5275 between 8:30 a.m.- 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Availability of Donor Milk
Broward Health Medical Center is proud to partner with the Mother’s Milk Bank of Florida to provide pasteurized donor breast milk to infants in need. Please call one of our Lactation Consultants at 954.468.5276 to learn more about our Donor Milk program.