Volunteers Make a Difference!
Volunteers Make a Difference!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Broward Health. Whether you are looking to complete hours or just give time, volunteering provides an opportunity to touch the lives of those in need.
There are many volunteer programs available throughout Broward County in our medical centers and hospice operations.
To learn more about our volunteer services, follow the links to each medical center or call us at the number listed below.
- Broward Health Medical Center & Broward Health Salah Foundation Children's Hospital - 954-355-5374
- Broward Health North - 954-786-2375
- Broward Health Imperial Point - 954-776-8510
- Broward Health Coral Springs - 954-344-3344
- Broward Health Gold Coast Home Health and Hospice Services - 954-785-2990
More Information About... Broward Health Medical Center
Adult/Auxiliary and Teen Volunteers - Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Broward Health Medical Center/Broward Health Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital. Our volunteers are a vital part of our hospital and provide valuable services for the hospital, our patients and their loved ones.
Remaining 2017 Broward Health Medical Center sessions (only) will be held on the following evenings: July 27th, September 21st, and November 2nd. Volunteers should arrive at 5:00pm to complete additional paperwork, **Please note - Orientation starts promptly at 5:30pm-7pm (late arrivals will need to reschedule for the next orientation). Orientation is at Broward Health Medical Center located at 1600 S. Andrews Avenue Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 in our 2nd floor auditoriums.Picture ID is required for entrance to our facility.
To reserve your orientation seat:
- Teen/College Volunteers email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 954-468-8069.
- Adults email: volunteersatBHMC@browardhealth.org or call 954-355-5374.
All applicants MUST bring the following; without this you will not be able to enter orientation:
- An online completed application; and
- Printed certificates (click here) of the completed Volunteer Orientation modules (certificates will display at completion of each module).
In addition, High School students only MUST bring the following; without you will not be able to enter orientation:
- High school transcript or printout;
- Typed letter of recommendation from your high school (preferred) or previous volunteer organization; and
- A parent/guardian MUST attend the orientation with the student.
Our Volunteer Orientation is geared towards dedicated students completing school service hours and adults who have time they wish to spend giving back to their community in our hospital.
* Please note that our volunteer program does not provide the opportunity to shadow physicians, nurses, or other healthcare providers, nor do we allow volunteers to perform any sort of medical procedures.
* Our Volunteer Orientation session are held on an as-needed basis.